Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 18, Scarf 18: Make-do Christmas


Make-do Christmas was made with three different balls of yarn (burgundy, forest green, and white), all with different amounts left on them. All of my scarves so far have been pretty long but as I knitted this one I noticed that I did not seem to have as much white yarn as I had originally thought. As I came to the end of the white ball, I phoned my my cousin Diana to help me figure out what I should do. We decided that I would have to add tassels of burgundy and green to make up the length. Although I was skeptical at first, I think it actually turned out pretty well! I put it on to model it and was really quite pleased! This is the second time that I have been surprised with what my yarn (and creativity) can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment